Latest News:

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Rous Stakes at Newmarket on Thursday !

The next sprint of note on the calendar is the Listed Rous Stakes at Newmarket on Thursday over 5f. The going at the course is currently Good to Soft and there are 10 horses in the field. Slightly best in at the weights he would appear to be Golden Destiny and Ryan Moore has been booked for the 4yo who was 2nd beaten 1/2 length to Astrophysical Jet at Newbury last time out. Tax Free also finished 2nd behind Astrophysical Jet in Ireland although he was beaten 2 lengths, he then went on to dissapoint at Beverley behind 50/1 shot Tangerine Trees who also lines up for this. The reason that was dissapointing was because in a handicap Tangerine Trees would have been 26lb better off and the fact that he won by 2 1/4 lengths on levels left form students scratching their heads, although he appeared to win on merit on the day.
I think this track will be too testing and will not suit Hamish McGonagall and Quest for Success has had a few races in quick succession, so may struggle here. I dont think there is much else in the race and it probably wont take much to win. At this stage I would have to be looking at Golden Destiny but I will have a further look again tomorrow evening when the going is known for sure.

Its soon that are attentions will be switching from the flat to the jumps and a blog I have been looking at in respect of this is the excellent and analytical Wayward Lad whose blog can be accessed via a link at the top of my page.

Please remember when reading this "blog" that I am an not a professional tipster and I dont get paid for writing these posts, the blog is compiled in my spare time away from the usual demands of family life and it requires you the reader to do some work if you want to make the blog pay. You will see there is a horses to follow page that is made up from those I have selected from my weekly "Up a bit, down a bit" post and like with all formbooks or Racing newspapers that provide horses to follow you will have to keep your own record of the horses I mention so that you will be able to give consideration to backing them if and when they run. This method has been very successful this year with several big priced winners obliging and I hope to refine it as and when I am able. Thank you for taking time to read the blog and lets hope the winners keep coming in.